Friday, January 9, 2009

1FS Around the World: I

So many countries names start with I (In English at least, they perhaps call themselves something totally different e.g. Germany/Deutchland.)I was looking forward to this post because I have seen some cool stuff via youtube lurkage already but I didn't really look very deeply, so now I did.

Ireland. I was in Ireland for a short visit in 1998. I skated this amazing bank spot at a ferry terimal...Epic indeed. I watched a lot of these videos a while back, and the scene there totally reminds me of our scene here in Atlantic Canada. Rugged spots, a lot of skatepark footy, small scene and I think a similar culture in general.

Heres a montage posted early last year called Absolutely, Sort of.

Dion McGarrity

Keith Walsh shreds too

I found so much more rad Irish stuff, but don't want the post to be too long.

Italy was incredibly harder. But it kinda facinated me.

They call this dude "The Wiga". Heavy song selection heavy PTs and a kickflip to buttslide. I don't know what to think. You decide for yourself.

Then theres this dude

Both of those parts are from a company called La Ghigliottina and the 2nd was a guy named Fede Faccioli. The video is named after him, and its called "Double F & Stupid Life".

Last but not least we haver Mauro Caruso who is on Cliche.

This post is getting way too long, so only one more country.

From Iceland we have David Jonsson

and a trailer for a video called "Algleymi".

That is all.

No comments: