Tuesday, April 8, 2008

1FS Sneak Check #1

Its no secret that I'm a shoe nerd...I don't collect them, I just wear them and skate them, then get rid of them, thats what they're for. I decided to pay homage to some of my favorite kicks over the years and try to wax nostalgic on skateboarding footwear.

The 1st shoe is the short lived Vans Carroll, which I owned a pair of, in this exact colourway, in 96 if I can remember correctly. This was an awesome shoe: Thick tongues, speed laces, pull loop in the back so your pants won't drag. Basically it had all the cool shit for the day with a Vans vulc sole to boot. I wish Vans or Lakai could work some magic and get a re-issue on these. On second thought...maybe not yet.

3 comments:

Watson said...

Dude the Carroll Vans were so fuckin sick! I really wish I had a pair.

As for re-releasing them, some Japanese company called Madfoot (www.madfoot.jp) totally knocked them off a couple of years ago. Exact came design, but in weird shitty colours. My friend who lives in Japan was going to get a pair, but he tried them on and said they felt like garbage.

Also, another strange fact. Some dude, don't know who he is, has a trick in the Euro Hags section in Chomp On This wearing the Vans Carroll. How the hell do you skate those shoes so far after they're done?!

GBoots said...

I've never quite got the whole "I've had these shoes in a box for years, and I'm going to skate them now" thing...but I wish I had the cash to stow away all the dope shit from whatever era, sit on it, and then break it out when I'm good and ready. Stunt...if you will...

Watson said...

I skated some DC Howard 2s that I got on Ebay. I skated them in like.... 2004 maybe. So like 7 years after they quit producing those shoes. Also like 2005 I skated some OG DC Lynx, and then also I sold a pair of OG Lynx to my friend Jon, and he skated them last summer. Shit was tight.